Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

What's your MBTI type?

Talk about anything here that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Dil Jem

Re: What's your MBTI type?

Post by Dil Jem » 08 Apr 2016, 06:43

I took the test three times, changing some answers for which I was more or less on the fence. These are the results I got:
88% INTP
3% ISTP
2% ENTP
2% INFP
2% INTJ

72% INTP
10% ENTP
8% ISTP
4% INTJ
3% INFP

82% INTP
6% ENTP
5% ISTP
3% INTJ
1% ENFP

So far it seems that most people here are INXX. What does that tell us about the typical burp fetishist?

Nevetsk

Post by Nevetsk » 09 Apr 2016, 07:13

INTP

himynameis

Post by himynameis » 10 Apr 2016, 03:11

I got DICK (The Egotist)

But seriously, INFJ. Not that the MB test has any scientific merit. Its primary use is for entertainment/amusement. Its actual use as an assessment tool for things like hiring decisions is an embarrassment (and a great way for the keepers of the official test to cash in).

maxconfusion

Post by maxconfusion » 15 Apr 2016, 02:46

Dil Jem wrote: So far it seems that most people here are INXX. What does that tell us about the typical burp fetishist?
This is a theory I had for a long time. I find most people with fetishes for taboo things or "gross" things (feet, vore, gas) are INXX, usually INTP, both regarding people I know irl and people from the internet who have either stated their type or act in ways typical of the type. I have no proof for it of course, but I feel like there is some correlation bewteen personality type and fetish. Not necessarily MBTI type, more that certain traits result in feitshizing certain things. Again, I don't believe it to be fact, but it's a fun little theory I've been thinking about for some time and I feel less insane now that someone else has mentioned the prevalence of INXX types in these kinds of fetishes.

maxconfusion

Post by maxconfusion » 15 Apr 2016, 02:59

himynameis wrote:I got DICK (The Egotist)

But seriously, INFJ. Not that the MB test has any scientific merit. Its primary use is for entertainment/amusement. Its actual use as an assessment tool for things like hiring decisions is an embarrassment (and a great way for the keepers of the official test to cash in).

Lol, whenever I mention MBTI in real life people try to inform me that it's just pseudoscience and "you can't put someone's personality in a box like that!" as if I just told them I can tell their future from their star sign. I guess it's from people seeing that MBTI is used for hiring. The tests are really bad most of the time, with silly questions that leave the results prone to being manipulated and being inaccurate. Things like "If you walk through a cluttered room, do you normally walk along the edges or through the middle?" Really? This is down to personal preference/situation and is really a question no person has a serious answer to. And it definitely doesn't say anything about personality type. What is that even supposed to tell you about MBTI? Whether you're P or J? Please, there are plenty of Js that just don't give a crap about clutter and P's that would simply find it more efficient to walk along the walls. Anyway, the long and short of this ramble is that I can very much see why people claim MBTI is complete nonesense. However, I think that MBTI is not at all pseudoscientific and that most rants about that are just kind of unecessary. I mean, there is nothing scientific abotu MBTI, so if it doesn't claim to be scientific, how can it be pseudoscientific? Like, it's just shorthand for four words that refer to four specific personality traits. Like, someone won't mind if you call them "extroverted" or describe yourself as "objective", or "practical" or "decisive", but as soon as you say "ESTP" then you get this rant about how MBTI is not real even though those are two ways of saying the same things.

And of course, this isn't a rant about you himynameis, your post just reminded me of how I wanted to get this off my chest.

Also, the first few times I read your posts I was like "this person sounds like a textbook INFJ", then I saw this post which I just saw as someone saying they're INFJ, then and THEN, to make my disclaimer about not having a go at you, I chekced your username so I could address you by name, and I saw it was you saying you were INFJ, haha. Just found that funny.

memebean33

Post by memebean33 » 30 Jul 2016, 02:47

I am an ESFP!
This is who I squeal over.

Omnius

Post by Omnius » 18 Oct 2016, 16:30

Absolute textbook INFP to the core.

I have been interested in the MBTIs for a few years; I feel like being male INFP + being asexual AND having the fetish makes me a very eccentric quirky kind of guy. Just the right amount of intellect and a lack of social skills/ability to make life rather awkward. It also makes for 10 years of nonexistent love life. =((

Though I do keep my 3 best friends extremely close (ENFP female, ESFJ female, INTP Male), the 2 girls know about my fetish (in basic detail), I've never told anyone else.

I'm not sure whether type indicator would have an effect on chance of having a fetish, maybe? I would suspect the IN** would dominate the scene if I had to guess. I always wonder if my personality would have ended up much different if I didn't have the fetish.

oleoleoleole

Post by oleoleoleole » 02 Nov 2016, 04:10

My results were:

65% ENTP
14% ENFP
5% INTP
4% ENTJ
4% INFP

sincerelyultimate

Post by sincerelyultimate » 19 Oct 2017, 13:29

Recently, I had to write an essay for https://leicesterwea.com/ about MBTI types, and I turned out to be an INFP. I can't say it was accurate, but pretty close. The test was much more specific for some of my friends, who had almost 100% matches. Maybe I'm just hard to read or understand, idk :paranoid:

Softspokenintrovert

Post by Softspokenintrovert » 19 Oct 2017, 17:45

INFJ here.
Peace, love, and tacos