Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

General Chat Discussion

Check here for chat information and schedule.
Vecil

Re: General Chat Discussion

Postby Vecil » 11 Sep 2014, 00:52

Phantom wrote:I had fun as well. It seems like this isn't something that people want, because it's there and people don't use it. Can we get some feedback on this? What would make you want to participate in a chat? What makes you unwilling or uncaring about it?

I think it would help to have various set times when people might congregate in the room...I know it's hard because of varying schedules but I'm not one to sit in the room waiting for someone else to show up.

Phantom
Administrator

Postby Phantom » 11 Sep 2014, 05:22

Casual wrote:
Phantom wrote:I had fun as well. It seems like this isn't something that people want, because it's there and people don't use it. Can we get some feedback on this? What would make you want to participate in a chat? What makes you unwilling or uncaring about it?

I want fred to get his shirt off, it's never been the same since...

That was quite an amazing experience! =))

Da Brawl Playa

Postby Da Brawl Playa » 11 Sep 2014, 18:48

Well, Skype is still active with Kayla now around. Recently, I invited the group to my Streamup chatroom, and it was a success. Kayla and like a half dozen others were there. It was great, and I hope to do it again soon.
~Da Brawl Playa

Phantom
Administrator

Postby Phantom » 11 Sep 2014, 20:02

Da Brawl Playa wrote:Well, Skype is still active with Kayla now around. Recently, I invited the group to my Streamup chatroom, and it was a success. Kayla and like a half dozen others were there. It was great, and I hope to do it again soon.

That's great to hear! I didn't know Kayla was performing! :))

Da Brawl Playa

Postby Da Brawl Playa » 11 Sep 2014, 21:57

Phantom wrote:
Da Brawl Playa wrote:Well, Skype is still active with Kayla now around. Recently, I invited the group to my Streamup chatroom, and it was a success. Kayla and like a half dozen others were there. It was great, and I hope to do it again soon.

That's great to hear! I didn't know Kayla was performing! :))

Yep, it was a blast :heyheyhey:
~Da Brawl Playa

Da Brawl Playa

Postby Da Brawl Playa » 13 Sep 2014, 21:07

For those who don't know my Skype username (as per mentioned many times) is dabrawlplaya.
~Da Brawl Playa

Nymphette

Postby Nymphette » 23 Sep 2014, 05:27

Vecil wrote:

I think it would help to have various set times when people might congregate in the room...I know it's hard because of varying schedules but I'm not one to sit in the room waiting for someone else to show up.

I haven't forgotten about this... I just wanted to take a few days to form a decent answer, hopefully without offending anybody. My response to Phantom is: The reason why I enjoy a chat environment, is mostly because I prefer the instantaneity of it as opposed to on forums where you write something and hours and days pass before you get a response. What makes me most want to participate in a chat above anything else is that desire to gather with like-minded people and just communicate. This is the only place in the world (so far) of its kind and the only place where I would feel comfortable talking about the subject matter. However... things that keep me coming back to a chat are other fun people who like to chat. I tend to leave if I notice that I'm the only one around and other people tend to do the same. Another thing that makes me want to participate in chat is the environment. For the most part--the chat was laid back, fun and drama free...mostly. I thought the nice music playing in the background was a really nice touch too. :) Chatting with people in real-time is a good way to forge friendships in a way that isn't quite as easy in a forum environment...where people may seem just a bit farther out of reach, figuratively speaking. I'm the type of person who prefers to be in a group setting rather than chatting one-on-one... so the chat room was really my only option to make friends here. When I joined... I didn't say much, and I actually left for a really long time and didn't become active again until I noticed that a room existed, which brought me out of hiding. :p

There aren't very many things that make me not want to participate in a chat, but they're pretty basic. I like my anonymity. The good thing about the chat room is that it preserved my anonymity. When people asked if I wanted to use Skype... I asked: "Why? What's wrong with chatting here?" Simply because Skype is just a bit to personal for my liking. Another thing is drama... self-explanatory. It just puts a sour taste in everyone's mouth. There is another thing that bothers me, but I'm not going to post it here. Also lastly... my slow computer hated the chat for some reason and I crashed a lot. I might not be the only one who has this problem, so just putting it out there. So maybe something simpler might catch on better with some people? Something like IRC or Chatzy (but I don't think either of those options have sound at all)? Also...Yahoo no longer has chat rooms, but Paltalk instant messenger does, although having a public room like that may open the room up to more trolls. I'm not sure about any other options as far as chat rooms go. *shrug* I dunno.

In response to Vecil: I know this is all rather wordy... but maybe something to help get people more excited about chat would be to host simple events regularly at a specific time a couple of times a week, just to start with and build a presence. Advertise it, so that everyone knows about it... and likely people will start chatting again. Something that I think would be very popular would be a burp contest... nothing complex--just fun. Something that *everyone* can participate in, if they'd like. Another thing that might get people joining in more would be parties in celebration for holidays/birthdays/etc. We all have lives... so it doesn't have to be the same date, but you get the idea. My point behind this is that you can't just set a time and tell everyone to show up at that time, because it will conflict for quite a few of us, being in different states and countries and all... and also, I think there should be some sort of incentive to coming to a chat at a particular time. More people would be willing to show up if a treat were involved, you see. :ymdevil: ;)

Vecil

Postby Vecil » 23 Sep 2014, 15:38

Nymphette wrote:
Vecil wrote:

In response to Vecil: I know this is all rather wordy... but maybe something to help get people more excited about chat would be to host simple events regularly at a specific time a couple of times a week, just to start with and build a presence. Advertise it, so that everyone knows about it... and likely people will start chatting again. Something that I think would be very popular would be a burp contest... nothing complex--just fun. Something that *everyone* can participate in, if they'd like. Another thing that might get people joining in more would be parties in celebration for holidays/birthdays/etc. We all have lives... so it doesn't have to be the same date, but you get the idea. My point behind this is that you can't just set a time and tell everyone to show up at that time, because it will conflict for quite a few of us, being in different states and countries and all... and also, I think there should be some sort of incentive to coming to a chat at a particular time. More people would be willing to show up if a treat were involved, you see. :ymdevil: ;)

Well I guess I'll give that a try then ;) I'll try to be on today at 5:00 EST(2:00 PST, 9:00 GMT) and I'll belch for anyone who cares to hear :burp:: )
Then maybe next week I can set up a time more in advance and see if there are actually many people who are willing to go on the chat.

Vecil

Postby Vecil » 23 Sep 2014, 22:21

Sorry that I was late, I had an appointment go longer than expected, but I'm in the chat-room now : )

Nymphette

Postby Nymphette » 24 Sep 2014, 05:55

Sorry I didn't make it on earlier today, but I can try and make it to your next one!

Return to “Chat Information & Discussion”