Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

Childhood Observation

Tell us your stories, either real life or fictional.
purple525

Childhood Observation

Post by purple525 » 29 Nov 2017, 08:20

I just wanted to share a memory of something I saw when I was a young child (around 8) that disgusted but at the same time fascinated me. I do believe that this may have also played a role in my interest in burping because it was something that I have never forgotten.

I was visiting a family member and we were having lunch together. This family member liked to drink a bit and always had a glass of wine with lunch - normal, I guess, for some folks. Lunch consisted of some sandwiches, fruit, and coleslaw salad, and after that we had some coffee and cake. I can still remember how he finished his first glass of wine quite quickly and then poured himself another one. I think he must have eaten/drank too much, because about an hour later, I was sitting next to him whilst he watched television, and I could hear that his stomach sounded a bit unsettled - very bubbly and airy. Several minutes after that, he started burping rather loudly. He kept his mouth closed but I could still hear it - and I smelled it.

It smelled of the food and alcohol that he'd had earlier, but different in a way - it had become slightly sour. I tried not to breathe it in because it was making me uncomfortable. I never knew up until then that burps also had a distinctive smell - I thought they only had a taste. I was wrong. Whenever they come out, regardless of what you've eaten, they stink. :closedmouth: :ymsick:

He couldn't stop letting them out - his stomach was obviously feeling unsettled - and then he stood up and said, "I'm going to vomit." I panicked internally. I hated vomiting, as I still do now as an adult, and the thought of it happening made my heart beat a bit too fast. He put his hand over his mouth and quickly left the room. He came back about ten minutes later and said nothing more about it, but I wondered what had actually happened. If he had been sick, I didn't want to know. I hoped that he had just taken some medicine to relieve his stomach and that there would be no more burping. I felt like I had been put into a state of mild sensory overload: the sounds and the smells and the feelings of panic were too much for me.

Now, though, I look back on that and wonder what it must have felt like. I imagine what must have been going through his head at the time, and I also wonder how I would react in such a situation. It isn't pleasant, but the thought of losing control like that is one that definitely interests me. One day I am going to overindulge a bit and see how my stomach reacts - hopefully, though, I won't have to face the thought of seeing my food a second time, but only of tasting a hint of it briefly and deliciously as I burp all the fullness away!