Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

List of burps in the media

Any videos or threads that don't fit into the other forums.
WhoKnows

List of burps in the media

Post by WhoKnows » 10 Jun 2008, 13:14

I'm new to this (which I suppose is not surprising given how new this forum is), and I'm not sure how things work, but...

I was just wondering whether it would be an idea to construct a list of examples of burps in the media. And when I say media I mean films, TV shows, etc. I know that a number of people (myself included) like burping in anime and videogames, but I'm aware that this is probably more niche, and so won't necessarily suggest that they are included. It's just an idea, and I suppose that there are a few problems with this...

First of all, there are going to be so many examples that any "list" we could make would just be far too long to browse through. Secondly, I just don't know where the list would go or how it would work or... anything, really!

But anyway! As I said, it's just an idea, and anyone can take it or leave it- I don't mind!

Thank you!

P. S. Just since this is my first post, I wanted to say that I have read through the other threads and seen that (thankfully!) most of the users are opposed to people ("creeps", I would say), who leave intrusive, perverted and occasionally genuinely frightening comments on some girls' Youtube burp videos. Just to say- I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. Those comments do nothing but frighten people- especially the girls posting the videos- and that is nothing other than... well, it's actually cruel.

Sorry... I didn't mean to sound hostile or anything... It's just... people like that really do bother me.

Thanks again!

P. S. S. As regards the list, I would have written some examples, but there are so many that I suppose I'm almost struggling to think of any, if you know what I mean.

WhoKnows

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by WhoKnows » 10 Jun 2008, 17:47

Sorry for writing so much! It won't happen again :D

Just for clarification, though- what I am suggesting is mayber more of a database than a list? I don't know... I just had a quick look at the Sneeze Fetish forums in the "Welcome" thread and saw that they had a kind of "database of sneezing in the media" or a thread where people could contribute their examples which someone could then incorporate into a database...

You know...

:P

tnx_404
Administrator

Post by tnx_404 » 10 Jun 2008, 20:08

I know that such a list exists at the yahoo group "womenthatburpandproudofit":
2006 - A Christmas Wedding - Sarah Paulson - First burp is by Sarah Paulson, who just returned to her hotel room after getting drunk. Later on, she eats a batch of bad BBQ ribs and burps many times. They are all pretty small.
1995 - Backfire! - Kathy Ireland - Kathy Ireland burps at a banquet party.
2002 - Crossroads - Taryn Manning - While partying in a hotel room, Taryn's character drinks from a can of soda and lets out a loud belch.
1993 - L.A. Goddess - Wendy MacDonald - She's in her trailer and she chugs the rest of what's in her bottle and lets loose a nice belch!
1998 - On The Line - Linda Hamilton - Made for TV movie, Linda's character burps in it. She remarks that she's such a teenaged boy.
Early 90s....perhaps 1994???? - Showtime Family Playhouse: The Blind Date - low budget made for TV, unknown actors - After a geeky looking girl vomits on the main guy's car(she was drunk), she starts to walk away. When the guy starts to feel sorry for her, he offers her a ride. She accepts, then lets loose a nice belch. She assures the guy that it was just a burp and that she wasn't going to throw up anymore.
1960 - The 3 Worlds of Gulliver - Mary Ellis - Queen of Brobdingnag drinks some medicine to help her stomach ache and belches.
2001 - bandits - bruce willis daughter - bruce willis daughter burps at the dinner table

btw: I'm totally with you on this one
WhoKnows wrote:I know that a number of people (myself included) like burping in anime and videogames
But the only thing I recall is that Misato from Neon Genesis Evangelion burps in the english dub and probably also in the japanese version.
I don't know if this is true I've never seen NGE in either version and skipping through 26 epsiodes of both versions seemed to be a bit too much for me :oops:

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » 10 Jun 2008, 20:19

Thank you for those!

So a Yahoo group have a list, huh? Well... still! I think that it's pretty worthwile to try and make our own, even if it's just to stir up some definite activity here! And I hadn't stumbled across any of those before.

As regards Evangelion, Misato does burp in the English dub- it's not a big one, by any means, but pretty hot nonetheless. She doesn't burp in the original version, though... I can't remember what episode it is, though... quite early on... 2 or 3? (although, if you're into anime, I would seriously recommend that you watch all of Evangelion anyway- it's amazing :D )

tnx_404
Administrator

Post by tnx_404 » 10 Jun 2008, 20:31

Burping in Anime seems not to be so widespread,
after I wrote the first reply i tried to remember more but i could only
think of Horo from Spice and Wolf, she doesn't really burp it's more like a hiccup
but I still liked the scene,although it's kind of disappointing.

[offtopic]Well, I might check Evangelion out one day but I'm not too into Mechas,so that's a bit of a turnoff for me ^^
but I think I'll give it a try nevertheless,since I already watched Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann and i loved it[/offtopic]

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » 10 Jun 2008, 20:39

I'm trying to think of anime burps...

Sailor Moon- Usagi burps a couple of times, as does Chibi-Usa (or so I am told- I've seen Usagi burp once but haven't found the others... too many episodes)

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi- again, I've never really watched this, but the girl burps in the first episode.

Hare and Guu- pretty new anime, but apparently the main girl (Guu) burps a lot (she... eats people...)

Di Gi Charat/ Di Gi Charat Nyo- I am given to understand that Dejiko and everyone burp quite a bit in that. Again, I've not watch it much, so I'm not sure...

Can't think of any others at the moment... You're right- it's not really widespread, which is a shame.

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 10 Jun 2008, 21:39

This is a nice idea. You know when you're trying to think of something, but your mind goes blank? That's me right now, heh. I can think of one though. Does anyone know about a programme called Dead Like Me? There's one with Ellen Muth in episode 'Death Defying'. I have it on my computer, so I could probably get it off there and upload it somewhere if anyone requests it.

As far as computer games, I can think of a part in Chrono Trigger. It's only text, but hey, better than nothing :P anyone played this?

By the way, if you want to create new threads to focus on specific things (computer games, anime, old films, new films etc...) that's fine too.

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » 10 Jun 2008, 21:45

Actually, I have played Chrono Trigger... :D

Ayla, Lucca and one of the Naga-ettes all belch in that game...

Also, an NPC woman in EarthBound (also a sprite) burps after you've defeated Master Belch and says something along the lines of "Oops... Now I'll get belch for a nickname. Hee hee... oh...oh, crud."

Man... I am such a geeky loser for remembering all of this... :lol:

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 10 Jun 2008, 21:57

If you are a geeky loser, at least I'm not alone :lol:

I never got around to finishing Earthbound, I really should do that sometime. Not many games you can beat up hippies and score points.

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » 10 Jun 2008, 22:01

:lol:

Quite!

EarthBound really is something pretty special. I could put on the old "pretentious hat" and ramble on about the game's postmodern, self-referential genius, but I'll not be quite so self-indulgent and up-myself at the moment :D

If Nintendo don't translate Mother 3, I will not be a happy customer at all.

This is a little off-topic, I suppose... Anyway!