Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

List of burps in the media

Any videos or threads that don't fit into the other forums.
SloopA
Posts: 27
Joined: 02 Aug 2015, 05:56
Gender: Male - Male

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by SloopA » 05 Nov 2018, 11:49

Or a third option, maybe we should protest this thread a while. I appreciate everyone who post, search, and come back with time stamps, but for the protection of the forums and the women I think we should stop sharing here until we can come up with something that can improve the system we have in place. It's just an ask, but I feel if you do think your exposing women to potential creepers and don't want to share with people who aren't grateful then a short protest wouldn't hurt.

User avatar
Q
Administrator
Posts: 1164
Joined: 05 Jun 2008, 18:46
Gender: Male - Male

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by Q » 05 Nov 2018, 12:44

pu_sh_it wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 09:12
Also note that by continuing to not use this thread for it's defined purpose (sharing female burps) and perpetuating this anti-harassment discussion, I know there can only be one of two outcomes. Either people gradually lose interest (say after 2-4ish pages of discussion) and the conversation gets lost in the overall massive length of the thread until it comes up again (this has happened multiple times before) or the admins and mods will agree that it's gone on long enough and move the posts relating to the discussion out of this topic and into a newly created "sink" topic for discussing it further (this also has precedent). I doubt you guys will like that second option much, especially as you want it in this thread so lots of eyes will be in it, but it's just standard internet forum rules/netiquette.
I don't mind discussion here because I'd like to see what people have to say. I've made a separate thread about it too though if people want to post in that one.
n wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 04:43
Maybe we could make a new private forum and only invite members that have had an account here for a certain amount of time. I highly doubt creeps would make an account here because there is no reason to if they are just looking for videos and it would just give them away easier. The only reason you would want an account is if you wish to contribute or help someone out. In the future we could find a way to decide who is allowed in but there will be certain criteria.
keep_away0 wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 05:44
^^^^I agree on this. Maybe with a private forum for specific users we won't have to worry about random creeps coming on just to search for clips and compilations that some of these users have spent so much time on to make get ruined by some dumbass posting it on Youtube or Pornhub.
I've made a thread about the topic here:
https://www.theburpfetishforums.com/boa ... 14&t=11190

User avatar
justin99000
Posts: 165
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male - Male

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by justin99000 » 06 Nov 2018, 01:17

pu_sh_it wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 09:12
Kinda hard to make a "new private forum" if you don't have the money to pay for server hosting and the time to dedicate to implement it and administer it. I chat with some of the admins on this forum quite regularly and take it from them that just running this forum is hardly a cake walk.

Also note that by continuing to not use this thread for it's defined purpose (sharing female burps) and perpetuating this anti-harassment discussion, I know there can only be one of two outcomes. Either people gradually lose interest (say after 2-4ish pages of discussion) and the conversation gets lost in the overall massive length of the thread until it comes up again (this has happened multiple times before) or the admins and mods will agree that it's gone on long enough and move the posts relating to the discussion out of this topic and into a newly created "sink" topic for discussing it further (this also has precedent). I doubt you guys will like that second option much, especially as you want it in this thread so lots of eyes will be in it, but it's just standard internet forum rules/netiquette.

For these reasons I would again suggest being ahead of the curve, moving this discussion to any of the numerous other topics for which it is more appropriate, or starting a new topic. They can even be in the Misc Media sub-board here (and there already exist some topics for it) or wherever else you think will have the most visibility. I am united with those who want to stop harassment, I even want to engage in the discussion about how to combat it, but that is not contradicted by my stance of preferring to keep topics on-topic. I agree with UDG except that the discussion isn't circular if there's a good place for it to happen and a will to change things for the positive. Just because I feel the discussion isn't appropriate for this thread, does not make me "part of the problem", I'm just keeping things in perspective. And ultimately it will be a matter of time before the admin team enforce the return to on-topic posting by moving the discussion elsewhere. Be mindful of this please :)
Both a mod and an admin have pitched into the conversation and said they were also open to ideas so as usual no pushit I don't think what you suggested is a good idea. We should work towards a solution where everyone can see it. And for you and others saying it happens every few years and we forget so why try? Well that seems like a pretty good reason right there, we have been part of the problem for years and never follow through on keeping the trash out and it's not just about keeping good content available. It's about stopping a cycle of abuse and fear for the next group to take the mantle instead of just looking the other way why don't we actually do something? I've been here for 9 years and I don't want to see the same mistakes made again either
Writer, Photographer, Gamer, Video Game Designer (newbie), guitar and piano player.

n
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 May 2016, 21:58
Gender: Male - Male

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by n » 06 Nov 2018, 06:32

Yeah I think we are making progress. We just need to throw out ideas and then once we find one everyone likes, put it into action. They all have their ups and downs so we just have to figure out which one is best for us.

User avatar
pu_sh_it
Posts: 1390
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 21:35
Gender: Male - Male

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by pu_sh_it » 06 Nov 2018, 07:06

justin99000 wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 01:17
so as usual no pushit I don't think what you suggested is a good idea
Well I don't think that's a very constructive manner of phrasing your disagreement, but I won't dwell on it. Take it from me that one of the admins thinks this is an organic part of the thread discussion at this point, but if the team think this discussion runs it's course and derails the thread too much, it will be moved elsewhere. Also your point that the discussion should be where everyone can see it doesn't really hold water. Any first page, pinned or bumped topic on any board on this forum is just as visible elsewhere as it is here. Certainly so on the general fetish discussion page. And I don't think anyone should kid themselves that serial harassers are actually going to take note, so the remaining value to be had is to discuss how to counter them. A discussion which I want to engage in (I've said before that we should assault YouTube harassment comments with down votes, spam flags and reporting their accounts, but nobody took much notice) but this topic is just not the right venue for it, and discussing it further here will just hasten the probable mod action/cleanup to move it where it should be taking place.
SloopA wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 11:49
Or a third option, maybe we should protest this thread a while. I appreciate everyone who post, search, and come back with time stamps, but for the protection of the forums and the women I think we should stop sharing here until we can come up with something that can improve the system we have in place. It's just an ask, but I feel if you do think your exposing women to potential creepers and don't want to share with people who aren't grateful then a short protest wouldn't hurt.
You describe that as an option, and it's your (and whoever else's) prerogative to use it, but I was describing outcomes, not options. Either this is a short term protest, and outcome 1 which I mentioned is played out, or it becomes longer term, forcing mod action and outcome 2 is played out. So what you describe is a journey to either result, not something equivalent to their end game.
Last edited by pu_sh_it on 06 Nov 2018, 17:56, edited 5 times in total.
My avatar: Mistress Rouge is a champion, and you're going to hear her roar!

Guys, when you're responding to a post directly above your's, can you please quote like "^" rather than directly quoting the entire thing? Looks much nicer and tidier, thanks :)

User avatar
EstPalmOninha
Posts: 364
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 03:23
Location: Brazil
Gender: Male - Male
Contact:

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by EstPalmOninha » 06 Nov 2018, 16:04


User avatar
Scottishguy
Posts: 49
Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 13:03
Gender: Male - Male

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by Scottishguy » 06 Nov 2018, 23:45

Pushit. I don't think you can seriously believe that just because a topic is pinned or on the first page makes something equally or distinctly more visible than it is here. A topic which arguably has the most traffic on the website.

I do appreciate that you encourage discussion of how to combat serial harrassers and I do believe that's where our main focus should be but I maintain that discussion should be centred here. I believe that even though the thread may have been 'derailed', a few pages in a 700 page deep subforum should allow for as open a discussion as possible about this community's most severe problem.

Pushing this onto another thread, for whatever reason, leaves this topic of discussion likely to be forgotten about by the majority of our users. Keeping it here maintains it in the consciousness of our community and therefore more eyes can see it and more minds can think of solutions.
Anyone other british people on here? PM me

sponge
Posts: 111
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 17:52
Gender: Male - Male

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by sponge » 07 Nov 2018, 02:50

Yeah let's be real here: 98% of us are only here for one reason. I'm sure there's an off-topic section somewhere here where we could chat hobbies and politics but I and most others are never going to go digging around this website because we don't care to. I'm sure creeps aside most of you are decent gents but there are plenty of other forums out there for small talk. If you're looking to combat this issue and have a serious discussion creating a specific thread in a different area of this site will get nowhere near as many views as this one: which is, I'm assuming one of if not the most viewed topics on this site. Off-topic or not there's nowhere here you'll get more views on this discussion than this thread if people want to seriously and finally combat these dingbats.

s-Brou_96
Posts: 151
Joined: 06 Jul 2015, 14:34
Gender: Male - Male

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by s-Brou_96 » 08 Nov 2018, 00:52

Can we please get this thread back on track?

Milla10
Posts: 263
Joined: 27 Oct 2014, 23:53
Gender: Male - Male

Re: List of burps in the media

Post by Milla10 » 08 Nov 2018, 22:01


Post Reply