Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

Introducing the BFF Wiki Database!

Check in here periodically for site updates and information.
Q
Administrator

Introducing the BFF Wiki Database!

Post by Q » 01 Jul 2009, 19:16

The media database thread we have here sucks. We need something that's easier to search through, and something we can all contribute to. Thus, I present to you the BFF Wiki-Database!

http://bffwiki.dreamhosters.com/

Its purpose is to archive all of the videos in the media that we have found, and all of the videos that people have posted on youtube and across the internet. Anyone can contribute to it (and in fact, it can only work if we all contribute) so if you feel you can help, please do so! You'll see a few videos scattered around on there that I have added already, and which I'll keep working on. As I say though, if you can help too, it'll be very much appreciated.

If you have any issues/suggestions/bug reports/etc... post it in here, and we'll try to sort it out. Right now we need ideas for categories too, so what else do you think we could use? Oh, and is anyone good at making logos? If you haven't noticed yet, it's not really my area of expertise :P

Anyway, I hope you find our new website useful. It'll keep growing, so keep checking back!

Phantom

Re: Introducing the BFF Wiki Database!

Post by Phantom » 02 Jul 2009, 08:38

I'm adding some of my videos and favorites to it now. Great idea Q!

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 02 Jul 2009, 14:10

Cool, thanks for helping!

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » 02 Jul 2009, 17:04

This sounds like a very promising project. I'm currently away from home on holiday, so I only have my mobile for occasional internet access--- but as soon as I get home next week I'll start putting up as much as I can.

I'll also try to think of some ideas for features we could add...

Phantom

Post by Phantom » 02 Jul 2009, 19:45

It also helps if people put a little description about the video as well. It makes search results much better.

Samburp

Post by Samburp » 02 Jul 2009, 19:53

Q wrote:The media database thread we have here sucks. We need something that's easier to search through, and something we can all contribute to. Thus, I present to you the BFF Wiki-Database!

http://bffwiki.dreamhosters.com/

Its purpose is to archive all of the videos in the media that we have found, and all of the videos that people have posted on youtube and across the internet. Anyone can contribute to it (and in fact, it can only work if we all contribute) so if you feel you can help, please do so! You'll see a few videos scattered around on there that I have added already, and which I'll keep working on. As I say though, if you can help too, it'll be very much appreciated.

If you have any issues/suggestions/bug reports/etc... post it in here, and we'll try to sort it out. Right now we need ideas for categories too, so what else do you think we could use? Oh, and is anyone good at making logos? If you haven't noticed yet, it's not really my area of expertise :P

Anyway, I hope you find our new website useful. It'll keep growing, so keep checking back!
Awesome, man! This looks very promising.

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 02 Jul 2009, 23:33

PhantomBelchAttack wrote:It also helps if people put a little description about the video as well. It makes search results much better.
That's a good point. Maybe a description option on the edit page? What sorts of things would you all typically search for? :P

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » 12 Jul 2009, 19:40

Okay, I've started uploading a few bits and pieces and odds and ends. I'll be uploading a lot more; these are just a handful of the ones I happen to have saved.

One thing I wanted to ask about was the problem I occasionally had determining whether a video should fall under the heading of "forced" or "natural". There were a couple of instances where it seemed a little ambiguous.

For example, the "Cara burping" video: http://bffwiki.dreamhosters.com/DYM3Z01:Cara_Burping.

This girl obviously spent the entire video wanting to burp, making herself burp whenever she felt one coming, trying to get really good ones, etc. Because of this, I would be inclined to say that this should go into the "forced" category.

However, one also gets the impression - throughout the video - that she is just feeling really, really bloated and gassy, and that she just really needs to belch to relieve some pressure. In this sense, it doesn't seem like she's really "forcing" the burps, but rather that she's just giving that little push, just to get the gas out. In that respect, it seems "natural".

(Then again, rewatching it, maybe it isn't really that much of a case of "I have gas and I just really need to relieve myself"... maybe that's just the way she likes to talk about it. But then... there are these long stretches when she is breathing heavily and concentrating hard... and I just can't tell if this is her preparing to "let the gas out" or preparing to "force" burps out when she doesn't need to. So confusing...)

So that is one I'm not sure about.

The other that springs to mind is the bfsgirly "Let's try that again!" video: http://bffwiki.dreamhosters.com/Bfsgirl ... hat_again!

(It is important to note that this is a "sequel" of sorts to their earlier video "Sarah can BELCH!": http://bffwiki.dreamhosters.com/Bfsgirl ... can_BELCH!)

What makes this one slightly ambiguous (or so it seems to me), is this:

The original video ("Sarah can BELCH!") seems not to have been originally intended as a burping video. It would appear that the two girls decided to make a "chugging contest" video, and that the belches are simply inevitable side-effects of the chugging. Because of this, I put the first video into the "natural" category. However, AFTER this video was made, they uploaded it and gave it a title which stresses the burping, and the video received comments from fetishists who liked this burping.

It was after all of this that the second video was made.

My question, then, is: is this second video another case of "natural" belching--- the girls are having a chugging contest, and some burps are inevitable?

Or!

Was this second one in fact a "forced" burping video, where the belches are elevated from being mere side-effects to ends in themselves? After all, the description draws attention to the belches in the earlier video.

I actually saved "Let's try that again!" as a "natural" video, but I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have categorised it as "forced".

It's a question of intent. Of directorial intent. Of burper intent. Can we ever really know what the bfsgirly girls intended? Or should we just rely on subjective interpretation? But then, relying on subjective interpretation precludes any possibility of definite categorisation, and---!

... maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this... :D

Anyway! I just thought I would bring this up.

(Of course, instances such as this are always going to be few-and-far-between, so it's not that big a problem anyway :) )

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 13 Jul 2009, 01:46

My idea of it was basically that 'natural' are accidental type burps that occur, well, naturally after say, eating or drinking. 'Forced' on the other hand would be, for example, if the person was swallowing air and 'forcing' themselves to do it. Does that make sense? I know what you're getting at though, perhaps the words are too ambiguous? Or we should give each category more of an explanation on the help pages?

WhoKnows

Post by WhoKnows » 13 Jul 2009, 02:30

Ah, right! Okay--- I think I have a better handle on the distinction now.

Is the general idea that "forced" = swallowing air, and most of the other vids are the "natural" ones?

What I had been thinking was that "forced" not only covered the swallowing-air burps, but also any other ones in which the girl might be (for example) drinking soda for the express purpose of burping. So I think my mistake was that I was considering the burper's intent rather than what caused the burps.

In that case, if there is a video in which a girl turns on the camera and says she is going to chug a soda and see if she can burp, this would still fall under the heading of "natural"?

Am I on the right tracks?