Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

The BFF is NOT closing down [update]

Check in here periodically for site updates and information.
Q
Administrator

Re: The BFF is closing down

Post by Q » 11 Jun 2011, 16:21

That's a cool idea, ade3356, but the site isn't doomed yet. I'm currently talking to some members to see if anyone could take over.
Rosy Jade Maiden wrote:I like the idea of staying with Paypal. I've never had any trouble with it. Does anybody disagree? Now if not I believe I can pay about half of a year's fee. Do any forum members see any personal information if we donate?
As far as I'm aware, the only person who sees any personal information is the person who you're donating to.

ade3356

Post by ade3356 » 11 Jun 2011, 18:49

its too late. it was a free forum website so i created it last night

Skorpion

Post by Skorpion » 11 Jun 2011, 19:26

It can't close down. :( Add my name to list of potential donators. Although I have no coding skills so wouldn't be able to help out that way.

ffc1234

Post by ffc1234 » 11 Jun 2011, 20:34

It's great to see plenty of ppl willing to help out, I'm confident we can keep this site running, whatever it takes.
addicted to burps!

Rosy Jade Maiden

Post by Rosy Jade Maiden » 12 Jun 2011, 20:45

All of this generosity is making me smile. I just want to hug the whole forum.
Q wrote:That's a cool idea, ade3356, but the site isn't doomed yet. I'm currently talking to some members to see if anyone could take over.
Yay!

Um, I have a dumb question. Is there a network of volunteers who specialize in this sort of thing and could we find somebody for an immediate opening if nobody else can run the forum? (Think of LinkedIn.) I tried to search for one today just in case.

subliminal91

Post by subliminal91 » 12 Jun 2011, 23:45

WOA. I just logged in for the first time in about 5 days and I am completely taken back by this news. I have a PayPal account chalk me up as a potential donator

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 13 Jun 2011, 01:17

Rosy Jade Maiden wrote:Um, I have a dumb question. Is there a network of volunteers who specialize in this sort of thing and could we find somebody for an immediate opening if nobody else can run the forum? (Think of LinkedIn.) I tried to search for one today just in case.
As in to hire someone? I could probably sell the site yeah and have some random web developer take over, but I don't think it would be a great idea. If we did that, the site would suddenly become for-profit and thus shitty.

pu_sh_it

Post by pu_sh_it » 13 Jun 2011, 02:00

Rosy Jade Maiden wrote:All of this generosity is making me smile. I just want to hug the whole forum.
Q wrote:That's a cool idea, ade3356, but the site isn't doomed yet. I'm currently talking to some members to see if anyone could take over.
Yay!

Um, I have a dumb question. Is there a network of volunteers who specialize in this sort of thing and could we find somebody for an immediate opening if nobody else can run the forum? (Think of LinkedIn.) I tried to search for one today just in case.
Its a reasonable suggestion, but I wouldn't trust anyone but one (or more) of my brothers and sisters from this site to run it. Only we have the passion.
My avatar: Mistress Rouge is a champion, and you're going to hear her roar!

Guys, when you're responding to a post directly above your's, can you please quote like "^" rather than directly quoting the entire thing? Looks much nicer and tidier, thanks :)