Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

The BFF is NOT closing down [update]

Check in here periodically for site updates and information.
tnx_404
Administrator

Re: The BFF is closing down

Post by tnx_404 » 10 Jun 2011, 10:46

Well, I don't know, I don't have much spare time either, but I could definitely help out with the scripting part. Do you have to step down completely? Maybe it would be nice to have two people running the place?

I could at least try to fill the position if there are no other people who want to do this, but I think we should first raise the money so that the bff will be kept alive.

How should we make our payments? ;)

mrbloggs

Post by mrbloggs » 10 Jun 2011, 11:14

If it isn't too much bother Q, might it be possible to get just one more month for this since it seems like lots of people want to continue and it would just reduce the time pressure a bit.

anon

Post by anon » 10 Jun 2011, 16:11

tnx_404 wrote:Well, I don't know, I don't have much spare time either, but I could definitely help out with the scripting part. Do you have to step down completely? Maybe it would be nice to have two people running the place?

I could at least try to fill the position if there are no other people who want to do this, but I think we should first raise the money so that the bff will be kept alive.

advertisements?

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 10 Jun 2011, 16:22

tnx_404 wrote:Well, I don't know, I don't have much spare time either, but I could definitely help out with the scripting part. Do you have to step down completely? Maybe it would be nice to have two people running the place?

If you're willing to run the site, perhaps you could set up a paypal donate thing? I'd help if it was needed, but probably only as a member rather than an admin e.g. explaining how things on the ACP work and so on.
mrbloggs wrote:If it isn't too much bother Q, might it be possible to get just one more month for this since it seems like lots of people want to continue and it would just reduce the time pressure a bit.
I'm afraid not, since you have to pay for a year if you're going to do so. Honestly, I thought I had until next month, which is why it's so short notice (so sorry about that). If necessary though we can swap contact details with anyone interested in running the site and organise it from some IM program.

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 10 Jun 2011, 16:29

Regarding ads, it's something I've always tried to avoid. Changing a website into some sort of money making device (either for ourselves or for the advertisers) can really shit things up.

burpgirl13

Post by burpgirl13 » 10 Jun 2011, 19:42

I can step up and help others who want to. This is a great site, and I don't think anybody wants to lose it. If you pay the money foer the next month, I'm sure we'll come up with a solution by then!

tnx_404
Administrator

Post by tnx_404 » 10 Jun 2011, 20:09

Is paypal even the payment of choice? I mean, they would give up part of their anonymity and so would I because I can't guarantee the integrity of a fake paypal account.

Q, if I understand correctly, one month costs about 10$, but we need to pay a year in advance, so that we had to pay around 120$?

Anyway, here is a paypal donation link: ***

EDIT: Maybe not even necessary
Last edited by tnx_404 on 11 Jun 2011, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 10 Jun 2011, 20:19

tnx_404 wrote:Is paypal even the payment of choice? I mean, they would give up part of their anonymity and so would I because I can't guarantee the integrity of a fake paypal account.

Q, if I understand correctly, one month costs about 10$, but we need to pay a year in advance, so that we had to pay around 120$?

Anyway, here is a paypal donation link: ***
If you can find something better, by all means use it. I can't say I'm an expert on donation/payment options so I'm not sure what the alternatives are, or if a fake paypal would get quickly busted etc...

And yeah, it costs $120, but I think I can get some sort of referral deal if you choose to use dreamhost, which gives a price reduction for the first year, if I remember correctly.

tnx_404
Administrator

Post by tnx_404 » 10 Jun 2011, 20:45

Q wrote:I can't say I'm an expert on donation/payment options
Neither am I, so I really don't know what else to put, because if it's something unusual, most people will run into problems because they can't use it or whatever. :D

Maybe we could edit the first post and put that link there, so that people will notice it.
Q wrote:And yeah, it costs $120, but I think I can get some sort of referral deal if you choose to use dreamhost, which gives a price reduction for the first year, if I remember correctly.
I think we should stay with it, as I don't know about any other decent host with affordable prices for anonymous hosting services. How big would that cut be? Do you have a link where details are provided?

ade3356

Post by ade3356 » 10 Jun 2011, 20:57

hello members of bbf. iam sorry to hear that Q has to shut down the bff. ive taken it upon myself to create the bff 2. so to all the members of the bff. if you like to join the new forum . it would be great. here is the new address . http://burpfetish2.forumotion.co.uk thank you