Big Changes (Important)

Check in here periodically for site updates and information.
Youdster

Re: Big Changes (Important)

Post by Youdster » 19 Aug 2019, 18:30

Umbris wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 00:33
Youdster wrote:
18 Aug 2019, 08:52
How come twitch streamers aren’t allowed to be shared but others are? Can’t youtubers be harassed as well?
If nothing is allowed to be shared then why have a site at all?
I agree but why twitch? Twitch is my favourite place to find burps but it’s hard to find new talent by myself which is why I liked sharing stuff on here.

Umbris

Post by Umbris » 19 Aug 2019, 22:05

Youdster wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 18:30
I agree but why twitch? Twitch is my favourite place to find burps but it’s hard to find new talent by myself which is why I liked sharing stuff on here.
I refuse to be responsible for making it easier for the chats of streamers to include creepy comments. YouTube is a bit different considering that many people simply search for terms like "burp" and comment anyway. They don't even need this site, all of the time. Twitch though, well there is nothing in the name of a streamer like "Kittyplays" to indicate she burps. If she is posted here enough times, guess what? Guys will appear in her chat asking for burps. I've seen it many times as someone who loves to edit Twitch streams but who never posts in chat.

It's not perfect but I feel better about it than the current situation.
Message me on Telegram: https://t.me/xumbris
Message me on Riot: @Umbris:matrix.org

Ruffneck

Post by Ruffneck » 22 Aug 2019, 10:14

^Amen.

keep_away0

Post by keep_away0 » 23 Aug 2019, 08:11

^^ And this is why I'm glad you guys added the no Twitch streamer rule. I've seen too many streamers getting scared off because of creeps and I do feel like it's in part because random lurkers can just easily find and access the site and it's threads and then go scare off the streamer and then keep doing it for next group of streamers that are posted. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the whole posting Youtubers thing but I get where you're coming from about not being able to post anything. I know the rule is something a good portion might not like but I'm glad with the new site we're actually trying to protect these people :)