Big Changes (Important)

Check in here periodically for site updates and information.
BurpLearnerRedux

Re: Big Changes (Important)

Post by BurpLearnerRedux » 06 Oct 2019, 04:07

Umbris wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 11:18
subliminal91 wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 02:25
Anyone know why the new site is telling me it's insecure? Definitely don't want any of my private info to be made vulnerable and linked to a fetish site
Melooks wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 09:31
I’m getting the same message. It’s saying the new website is “insecure” when you click on the link. Not interested in having my personal information compromised. Not going to the site until this is corrected.
Couple of things: this website (the old forums) uses HTTP, not HTTPS, so browsers will complain it's just as insecure. HTTPS is far better but it is difficult to enable because of the way the hosting was originally set up.

The new site is actually on a subdomain: https://discourse.bfforums.com. To make the link shorter, I created a DNS redirect which accepts https://bfforums.com and prepends the discourse part. For a reason I've yet to discover, this redirect recently broke and people were getting errors. Rest assured the new site is fully secure and is accessed from https://discourse.bfforums.com. I will edit my link until the issue is fixed. Please don't spread misinformation. Cheers
Great to know! Thanks, Umbris!

himynameis

Post by himynameis » 08 Oct 2019, 17:17

So is this forum closing down or what?

stargazer57

Post by stargazer57 » 08 Oct 2019, 22:25

^I believe today is the last day, actually. So long BFF, you had a good run. Doesn't look like the new site is very active, hopefully that changes soon with the shutdown over here.

theoncomingfish

Post by theoncomingfish » 09 Oct 2019, 19:16

You will be missed old site. Farewell :((

Umbris

Post by Umbris » 10 Oct 2019, 00:06

himynameis wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 17:17
So is this forum closing down or what?
The hosting is not being renewed, so yeah I expect the site to go down in the next few days.
stargazer57 wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 22:25
^I believe today is the last day, actually. So long BFF, you had a good run. Doesn't look like the new site is very active, hopefully that changes soon with the shutdown over here.
It's been decently active, but will get way more visits when the redirect is in place.
Message me on Telegram: https://t.me/xumbris
Message me on Riot: @Umbris:matrix.org

wouldntyouliketoknow

Post by wouldntyouliketoknow » 10 Oct 2019, 01:52

^ In the next few days? I thought it was shutting down on the 9th or 10th?
I never post the same thing twice or post links that people have already posted- you can just use the search on the forum and I sometimes update my dead links aswell if I can. I also tend to try to post more than one link at once.
I'm only turned on by hearing burps, I'm not turned on by doing them. Here to share links and discuss.

Umbris

Post by Umbris » 10 Oct 2019, 04:43

wouldntyouliketoknow wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 01:52
^ In the next few days? I thought it was shutting down on the 9th or 10th?
I can't give the exact date because I don't know what it is. GoDaddy seem to keep sites up for at least a few days after the hosting expires.
Message me on Telegram: https://t.me/xumbris
Message me on Riot: @Umbris:matrix.org

pu_sh_it

Post by pu_sh_it » 10 Oct 2019, 17:16

Interesting. Do we know if there's a cutoff time after which say certain functions of the forum won't work, such as posting and logging in? If that were the case, I could comfortably do a final backup and know that I had every last post archived, without people posting after I started the process.

Also, any preferences for which drive or filehoster to host it on?
My avatar: Mistress Rouge is a champion, and you're going to hear her roar!

Guys, when you're responding to a post directly above your's, can you please quote like "^" rather than directly quoting the entire thing? Looks much nicer and tidier, thanks :)

s-Brou_96

Post by s-Brou_96 » 12 Oct 2019, 22:37

It’s gonna have to be in the day or so, but if pu_sh_it or somebody else wants to try to back everything up o say go for it

pu_sh_it

Post by pu_sh_it » 13 Oct 2019, 08:24

Yeah. Well, I had a backup from July (damn near risked someone seeing it on a text based computer lol but I managed to keep my chest blocking their view of the monitor), then I made another a few days ago, but now I think I'll do one daily one for however many (very few) days are left. Might as well try to make it as complete as possible. And if I access the site on another computer and it turns out to be dead, then I guess it's safe to pull the plug on any running backup (or maybe it will automatically cut off). I'm doing this for historical purposes and the community B-)
My avatar: Mistress Rouge is a champion, and you're going to hear her roar!

Guys, when you're responding to a post directly above your's, can you please quote like "^" rather than directly quoting the entire thing? Looks much nicer and tidier, thanks :)