Can we tweak the new forum software?

Let us know if you have an idea on how we could improve these forums, or if you have an idea for an entirely new website, any suggestions are welcome.
pu_sh_it

Can we tweak the new forum software?

Post by pu_sh_it » 25 Aug 2016, 12:36

Generally I'm fine with it, it looks much the same as the previous version. However two little changes back to what was in place before would go a long way. They're related to the same thing:

1) Can we put it back to having unclicked links be dark blue, and clicked links be light blue? This clearly indicates which ones you've clicked and so which videos you've seen before, saving you from viewing them again if you'd rather not. Now the links are always just light blue, which isn't that helpful.

2) Can links go back to opening in a separate tab when clicked, rather than staying in the same tab you had the forum on? This is better because you might want to keep the forum tab up maybe to comment on a video while it's playing in the other tab. It might also be problematic to run it on the same tab on a phone or tablet device, given Android sometimes prompts "which app do you want to play this video on?". And yes you can right click or long-touch the link and manually have it open in a new tab/window, but I think most people will have preferred the convenience of it automatically opening in a new tab with one simple left click.
My avatar: Mistress Rouge is a champion, and you're going to hear her roar!

Guys, when you're responding to a post directly above your's, can you please quote like "^" rather than directly quoting the entire thing? Looks much nicer and tidier, thanks :)

Phantom
Administrator

Re: Can we tweak the new forum software?

Post by Phantom » 25 Aug 2016, 13:22

I'll look into it. :)

pu_sh_it

Post by pu_sh_it » 07 Sep 2016, 12:25

Find anything then Phantom? ;)

Guys, when you're responding to a post directly above your's, can you please quote like "^" rather than directly quoting the entire thing? Looks much nicer and tidier, thanks :)

chickenskittles

Post by chickenskittles » 04 Oct 2016, 23:46

Can you put back the feature to see new posts since your last visit?

Edit: Nevermind, found it in the quick links but it doesn't seem intuitive.

pu_sh_it

Post by pu_sh_it » 30 Oct 2016, 14:56

Here's another niggly little thing. This is REALLY trivial, but it also bugs me. I have a notification that I've been quoted by someone. I clicked on the notification, taking me to the quote, but the notification is still up ala Facebook so the tab reads (1) Burp Fetish Forums.

1) How do I get rid of the notification alert?

2) Phantom, can you tweak the software so that if I click on the notification, the alert goes? That's how it would work on Facebook.

*EDIT: Sorry, my bad, it was actually just a different notification and using multiple tabs probably confused the matter too.

RemLak

Can we tweak the new forum software

Post by RemLak » 19 May 2019, 15:44

How would you feel about a completely new, simpler forum?New software is great, being at the bleeding edge is cool, especially if theres bugs. Lots of fun1