Advertising for the Stickam Girls Burping Contest

General discussion of the burping fetish.

Advertising for the Stickam Girls Burping Contest

Postby Da Brawl Playa » 31 Jan 2010, 02:33

I wonder if I could be granted a global moderator of the Burp Fetish Forum. I mean, it didn't cross my mind until now. After all, I am hosting the chatroom to support the BFF. I also wish if all of us can help come up with an idea of advertising the Stickam Girls Burping Contest held every weekend. I was assuming if one of us can make a YouTube video, however not revealing the hint of the burping fetish, lol. If we advertise to YouTube, maybe more girls (and guys) might show up. What do you think, people?
~Da Brawl Playa
Da Brawl Playa

Re: Advertising for the Stickam Girls Burping Contest

Postby Q » 31 Jan 2010, 13:31

I'm afraid we don't need any more moderators right now. Don't get me wrong, you're a decent member, but perhaps a lot of forums are misleading about the actual role that moderators play. The list of moderators at a lot of places is seen as sort of a list of favourite members, and a secret group of people who are in some way above the regular forum population. That kind of behaviour always seems kind of silly to me though, and the in-group type mentality at those places always inevitably causes problems. I've tried to avoid it being like that here at the BFF. Think of us here as being more like janitors, we clean up after spam, remove any bad people who might register, but really that's it. Basically tl;dr: Unlike a lot of places, there isn't really a lot to gain by being a mod.

Anyway, regarding the advertising, youtube is a good idea, and it can work very well if you do it right. You'll have to think of something that your target demographic is going to be searching for though. For example, when I was advertising these forums on youtube, it was relatively easy, since it's pretty obvious what we're all going to be typing into the search bar. Maybe if the video emphasised some sort of contest or challenge? Since I've seen a lot of 'challenge' type videos about. I'm not sure if that or anything else would work, but there's no harm in trying I suppose if anyone wants to make some sort of ad video.
Q
Administrator

Postby Casual » 31 Jan 2010, 16:24

You could try some kind facebook page or group too, Brawl, that's something I was thinking about doing before I lost interest last year.
Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking
When I said I'd like to smash every tooth
In your head
Casual

Postby Da Brawl Playa » 31 Jan 2010, 21:06

I understand, Q. I just needed to know what it took to be a moderator, and I understand. For the YouTube video, I was thinking if Eric or you, or anyone here could help make a video. We all can throw in ideas to help support the video. I know that Eric is really good at doing video/audio work, so I was thinking he would be the one who would wanna make the video. If he cannot do it, then I understand. But if we think of something to advertise, I am very sure that'll attract more girls in the chatroom.
~Da Brawl Playa
Da Brawl Playa

Postby Da Brawl Playa » 06 Feb 2010, 19:25

Well, any ideas?
~Da Brawl Playa
Da Brawl Playa

Postby TheGkid » 07 Feb 2010, 07:54

I guess you could have a video of some girls and guys burping who are ok at it. Make sure not to label it anything that even hints that its a fetish. Anyways say that there is a big burping contest on stickam. Its important to have the burpers in the video be ok, because people who are better will be encouraged to try and beat them. If we put someone amazing who no one can be in the ad people will be discouraged maybe and won't try. Just some thoughts
TheGkid

Postby Casual » 07 Feb 2010, 22:54

Da Brawl Playa wrote:Well, any ideas?

I did give you an idea but you completely ignored it, so find your own ideas.
Sweetness, sweetness I was only joking
When I said I'd like to smash every tooth
In your head
Casual

Postby cloak57 » 08 Feb 2010, 03:31

For starters, instead of naming it "Girls Burping Contest," you could name it simply "Burping Contest." Read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=604
cloak57

Postby Phantom » 09 Feb 2010, 18:51

cloak57 wrote:For starters, instead of naming it "Girls Burping Contest," you could name it simply "Burping Contest." Read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=604

I totally agree.

You also have to deal with guys coming to belch in the room. Saying, "Sorry, it's just for girls." with only guys in the room kinda screams...awkward IHMO. I know if you mute them it bleeds through the other cams/mics sometimes, but it's the price you have to pay I guess. I think the more people that come in the room, regardless if it's guys or not, is a good thing.

So Brawl, suck it up(because I know you hate guys burping) and rename it to just Burping Contest, let guys burp in there and mute them even if it kills you, and I think you'll see the overall size and popularity of the room increase.

I really think you have to be bipartisan here. Whether you take anyone's advice or not is up to you.
Phantom

Postby Phantom » 09 Feb 2010, 19:23

This isn't related to advertising, but in a way I guess it is.

I know sometimes when rooms get popular they get clogged. On Stickam there is an option to dock/undock cams you want/don't, seeing as there are a finite number of cam slots. It'd probably be hard to differentiate between people that are burping and those that aren't, unless their screen names explicitly stated it in one way or another. For instance, say some awesome belchers came in the room, and the cam slots are all taken by people in the room just goofing around. You could ask all belchers to "audition" in a sense. The room creator would undock a cam slot and put the one auditioning in the empty slot. Just tell them showing you that they can burp is a prerequisite for being a mod for the above mentioned reasons. Once this is done, mod them. All mods are green in color. Then everybody in the room will know they are there to burp, or at least can, and can dock/undock accordingly.

I think this would also help with any type of power struggle. Sometimes we play favorites and mod only those that come in most. If all belchers in the room are modded, then power is equally distributed, therefore disallowing any kicks(etc) that may happen from a spiteful mod to another fellow belcher who is not modded. Of course we keep modding people like myself, Rina, etc, because we know they can belch and/or they have earned it in some other way. But giving any other belcher equal rights guarantees less strife, at least in that context.

I think this would also increase the number of people wanting to belch. If the process of becoming a mod includes being among the chosen few that can belch, it creates a good incentive to belch. Those that are modded always have the power to deal with annoying people that aren't there for the specific purpose, or that are harassing them. Of course you may run into problems with specific people being mods(undue kicking, etc), but that can be dealt with accordingly, and I think by and large most that would earn mod in this way deserve to be by being there for the correct purpose.

BTW, I think guys should be included in this modding process. It's only fair. You can always discuss within the room itself who is a guy and who isn't. You can mute and undock at will. I really think the benefits of having more people in there outweigh the dislike of male belching. If the only argument you have for not including guys is because "you don't like it" or similar line, I don't think it's a good enough argument. It's just a personal preference. People really shouldn't be in there for the purpose of masturbation anyway. If you want to do that, you can do it elsewhere. *casts eyes of suspicion* ;)

I know it's heavily in favor of guys liking girls here, but there are people here that like guys burping too dammit! Can I get an amen? :lol:
Phantom

Next

Return to Fetish Discussion