What Kickstarted Your Burp Fetish?

Tell us your stories, either real life or fictional.
BurpLearnerRedux

What Kickstarted Your Burp Fetish?

Post by BurpLearnerRedux » 11 Feb 2019, 07:19

While I cannot recall the exact moment I realized I was turned on by girls burping, I'm pretty sure I know what did. I know that I was in 4th or 5th grade, so anywhere between 9 and 11, circa 2002-2004. I don't ever recall hearing any girl I knew burp prior to 5th grade, so I'm positive that I realized this fetish (obviously not knowing what a fetish was back then) from cartoons.

There are two that come to mind. I believe the first was the episode of Fairly Odd Parents when Vicky belches after she swallows the bag of chips (and Timmy, who has shrunk to go save Cosmo and Wanda from inside Vicky's body). Vicky let's out a huge, guttural, rumbling belch. At this time, I NEVER imagined that any girl could even belch at all, let alone like a monster. This was obviously just a few years before YouTube.

The next, and the one that really cemented the fetish, was with Grim and Evil on Cartoon Network. The episode was S01E07, Tastes Like Chicken, linked here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60I6UkbBWDU with the first belch at 10:32 (with many more to come). Mandy does huge, loud belches that cause earthquakes and car wrecks in this episode. I remember being so struck by it being Mandy, not Billy, doing the belching. All the while I was thinking, "This is just a cartoon, so I'll never hear girls belch like that." Little did I know, haha. All, in the pre-YouTube era, I used to be desperately wishing to see these episodes on TV, and it seemed like they never came on afterwards.

I'll also add that at the time, I thought it was only me who was turned on by this and I thought something was seriously wrong with me haha. Heck, as a kid I didn't even understand sexual feelings. I think it came down to, back then, not knowing that girls would partake is such "transgressive" behavior, especially without saying "excuse me" afterwards. It also came down to just how loud the belches were, something I thought was impossible for girls until 7th grade. Little did I know that the BFF community would be so big years later.
Anyone else have any stories of how they discovered their fetish? And how old were you?

s-Brou_96

Re: What Kickstarted Your Burp Fetish?

Post by s-Brou_96 » 11 Feb 2019, 17:48

The Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards burp contest and Candace Bailey burping every so often on U-Pick Live are my earliest memories of being aroused by burping. I also remember that burp from Vicky from the episode ‘Tiny Timmy’ it’s one of my favorite belches in animation.

BurpLearnerRedux

Post by BurpLearnerRedux » 11 Feb 2019, 18:42

I totally should have mentioned Candace! Yea, she also had a LOT to do with my initial being aroused by it. That waw all right around the same time. I had a crush on her, and she was one of the first (real) girls/women I saw burping on purpose.

s-Brou_96

Post by s-Brou_96 » 11 Feb 2019, 18:48

I’m glad Candace played apart in somebody else’s discovery of this fetish. I thought it was just me

BurpLearnerRedux

Post by BurpLearnerRedux » 11 Feb 2019, 19:45

Haha definitely not! I used to watch U-Pick Live mainly for Candace, and I was always hoping to hear her burp.

s-Brou_96

Post by s-Brou_96 » 11 Feb 2019, 21:59

Dude I was the same way. I thought I was alone on that for years

subliminal91

Post by subliminal91 » 11 Feb 2019, 23:09

I’m with you on all of these! The Mandy one was my favorite back in the day, and I like used to plan my year around the KCA burp contest (rip). Nickelodeon was so dependent on belch humor in the 90s and early 2000s that I wonder if it directly impacted the amount of people with burp fetishes. Would be interesting to observe the coming generations who have more entertainment options and there seems like there are fewer burp-oriented moments in Nick shows to see if there are fewer burp fetishists in the years to come. Though there is evidence for eructophilia as early as the 1700s in one of the Maquis de Sade’s works.

BurpLearnerRedux

Post by BurpLearnerRedux » 11 Feb 2019, 23:40

subliminal91 wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 23:09
I’m with you on all of these! The Mandy one was my favorite back in the day, and I like used to plan my year around the KCA burp contest (rip). Nickelodeon was so dependent on belch humor in the 90s and early 2000s that I wonder if it directly impacted the amount of people with burp fetishes. Would be interesting to observe the coming generations who have more entertainment options and there seems like there are fewer burp-oriented moments in Nick shows to see if there are fewer burp fetishists in the years to come. Though there is evidence for eructophilia as early as the 1700s in one of the Maquis de Sade’s works.
That would be a fascinating study! And interesting, I'll have to look into Maquis de Sade! Yep, I just remember my first time hearing those belches on these cartoons and being so confused by the fact that I liked it lol. The YouTube explosion in 2005 also came right on the cusp of puberty for me (I was 12), so, yeah.... ;). I don't know if there will be as many burp fetishists in the future either, just because for those of us who remember the pre-YT era, we tended to treasure hearing these TV show belches a lot more because it was more rare lol. Now kids have so much more access to everything without having to wait for their favorite cartoon to come on. Even Netflix/other streaming services enable them to have more readily available access.

Faber

Post by Faber » 12 Feb 2019, 07:46

The first time I became deeply aware of it was probably when I spent some time around some girls in my church youth group who would burp very frequently and loudly. It's also just tied to my general preference for gluttony and weight gain.

My own "special episode" of a kids' TV show was from the Disney Channel--the episode of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody where Ashley Tisdale becomes obsessed with gaining weight and belches in the middle of a fashion show due to overeating. I was fortunate that they reran that episode quite frequently.

SoaringEagle

Post by SoaringEagle » 12 Feb 2019, 14:11

I remember Candace! Although I never thought she was that great of a burper. For me, it happened in choir practice when this one girl belched and she said “I’m a champion” afterwards. After choir, I shyly walked up to her and said, “I’d like to challenge you to a belching contest.” She said bring it, right here right now. I wish I had got it on video. We went toe to toe. Not sure who actually won, but I realized then that I thought cute girls who could belch were sexy.