Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

Fake Burps in Movies and TV

General discussion of the burping fetish.
frank1

Fake Burps in Movies and TV

Post by frank1 » 09 Feb 2018, 23:08

I'm not a huge a fan of fake burps in media, with a few exceptions if the actor is convincing enough I can almost believe its a real burp or if it sounds more like a real burp instead of a fake stock sound effect i'm more likely to be aroused. 9/10 however it IS a fake stock sound effect and it's usually very obvious that it is because they use it practically every single movie/tv show for every person that burps. It's bothers me that they don't just get the actor to do themselves.

I know not every actor can burp on command but if there's something in the script that indicates that the character burps I feel like having the actor actually burp would be better and make it more believable. I've seen quite a few burping auditions guys put up and their all super talented but they never usually get hired to do movies/tv, just commercials. In older movies before they had all that stock sound effects, the actors actually had to burp on cue but nowadays it's just really disappointing. The only good way to find good burps from famous actors/actress is to check the bloopers to see if they burp. Movies/TV are such a let down. :/

That isn't to say that I haven't heard a few burps that sounded very real from actors that enjoyed but it's still bothered me that in the IT movie the character who's only on screen purpose is to belch randomly only does it once and it's not even a real burp. You could have at least gotten an actor who could burp like the original actor.

sub_2

Re: Fake Burps in Movies and TV

Post by sub_2 » 11 Feb 2018, 16:18

Hey frank!!!

I have to agree i find it completely dissapointing when the burp in the movies or tv shows are fake. Totally not cool dewd.

HEARTofIRON

Re: Fake Burps in Movies and TV

Post by HEARTofIRON » 30 Mar 2018, 09:31

Yes, fake burps can really ruin any enjoyment I would have otherwise gotten if the burp was real.