Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

Info quest #1: Creepy comments

General discussion of the burping fetish.
Alec

Re: Info quest #1: Creepy comments

Post by Alec » 20 Jul 2018, 00:29

Honestly, I think it's just male entitlement, and the feeling that anything that comes to their mind must be shared. In other scenarios, lots of men don't hesitate to make inappropriate sexual comments, so burping videos are no different. I don't think they're aiming to gain anything from it, or even expecting people to read them most of the time. They just like sharing their opinion, whatever it may be, because it's important to them and assume it will be important to others. I don't think they're all mentally ill or handicapped and that's causing them to do it, just not taking the second to think about how other people will feel about the comment.

(Full disclosure: I'm a trans man, but that just means I've experienced both sides, and while I don't feel the impulse to make such comments, I notice that lots of men often talk with the same carelessness and vulgarity to other men. So while it is worse when directed at women, it's definitely a problem with the man, not what he's directing the comment at, in my experience at least)

Alec

Post by Alec » 20 Jul 2018, 02:21

Being treated by society as if I were woman for over 20 years will do that, yes. It's a weird place to be in, trying to do my best to use it to my advantage :)

I have no possible reasoning for that, it seems completely counter productive and if they're not just doing it because they feel their opinion is important enough that you need to know their every thought, there's really no good reason for it (not that that's a good reason to begin with...)

That's.....awful, I had no idea that was something that even happened. You definitely don't deserve to have to deal with any of that, nobody does, that's nothing short of disgusting and predatory. Completely inexcusable.

That's true, I'm sure there are lesbians out there making just as disgusting comments. I'm ultimately just as stumped as you are at this point. While I think my explanation is probably true to an extent, it clearly doesn't account for all of your experiences. Hopefully someone has some more interesting insight to explain it more!

Aristhan

Post by Aristhan » 20 Jul 2018, 03:04

buxombelch wrote:
20 Jul 2018, 02:54
And that's where I'm at with it. I'm not saying, "Boohoo, poor me. All these nasty posts." I just want to know what the comments are supposed to do.
The only end result I see is less content. That can't be the point. I just don't believe you'd whistle at the pretty lady, if it meant no more Playboy magazine. The circumstances are too dire for something so flippant.
I’m pretty sure the people that post nasty comments don’t think of those consequences. For them is like “if it works, so be it”, and if it doesn’t and the burper in question stops posting videos, then they go to another burper and make those same comments. I believe it’s just that, they hope for that kind of actions work, despite of the possible bad outcomes.

Aristhan

Post by Aristhan » 20 Jul 2018, 05:32

buxombelch wrote:THERE IT IS!!!!
That's EXACTLY what I want to know!

"if it works, so be it"

How do you know "if it works"? What's supposed to happen?
When it DOESN'T work, you lose a burper.
When it DOES work, you...?
Thanks!
I guess some private burps and getting to know the burper better? I don't know. I'm just at a loss about it, like you, but that's what I suppose they hope to get?

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 21 Jul 2018, 12:48

I think a lot of it is kind of the equivalent of the flashers on omegle or wherever. That what they're trying to do isn't convince the girl to make more videos, but to shock her with that kind of exhibitionism. It's the shock that has value, that they 'expose' themselves and the girl has to read it.

SpasticSpecter154

Post by SpasticSpecter154 » 24 Jul 2018, 02:07

I'll admit, I sent you that long list of questions because I was genuinely curious about what the action of burping is actually like seeing as it's not something I'm physically capable of doing (as far as I know). The result of this was that you were - as you put it - operating at a loss, which was not my intention but was unavoidable after the fact. Neither was it my intention to be creepy or solicit something from you. All the same, knowing it was wrong of me has taught me never to do it again.

Others are a different can of worms, and in the grand scheme of things, I think it'd be a net gain for this digital society if comments were disabled by default on most video sharing outlets. Too many people with too little reason to hold it in are bound to come out with their "whoa, sexy stuff" comments when they serve no purpose to the uploader nor the commenters. I don't care if you think it's sexy, what matters is that I've provided a video that I felt was worth sharing to absolute strangers. Just about anything you say will - therefore - come across as strange, because why (out of the millions of videos available) did you choose mine to comment on? You don't know me personally, so why bother trying to communicate with me? Nothing is going to come of this.

If people understood that there's nearly a 100% chance that this will result in nothing (or, at least, nothing positive), they'd likely stop. The short answer is that they're looking for a result where not everyone is wanting one.