Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

Private forum

General discussion of the burping fetish.
TsukiCDS

Re: Private forum

Post by TsukiCDS » 08 Nov 2018, 06:00

Discord does indeed sound like a good idea, plus it has the added bonus of more real-time discussions.
As for who'd start/own/maintain it, that is a very important question. Best case would probably be Q, or a moderator being the server creator/owner.

Umbris

Post by Umbris » 08 Nov 2018, 09:14

There are a couple of issues with Discord, namely the disconnect between identities here and identities there. One user suggested using a forum PM as verification but that doesn't eliminate the main problem which I'll put at the end of this post.

Another is information density. Discord is good for short messages but posts here often have long strings of timestamps, and scrolling through lists of Discord messages certainly isn't fun (for me anyway).

There is also a fairly strict file upload size limit for anyone who wanted to share an edit or clip through the Discord directly.

The main worry I can see with any kind of walled community is that all it takes is one "trusted" user to copy links, files or whatever and send them to anyone they are in private communication with. Essentially you have the appearance of privacy but you can't be sure that every single member is kosher. I know the vast majority on this site are just wonderful people so don't take this to mean "I don't trust anyone" haha.

Can't anyone else imagine this scenario: user A messages user B who is the Discord/forum/hidden mountain temple, says "I'll trade you all of these videos if you can send me some stuff from the group" and suddenly user B has a very tempting offer, knowing that whatever they do probably wouldn't be noticed by anyone in the group (and if noticed, how could it be proven anyway?)

Food for thought. The admin team are in discussions on how to improve the situation, just thought I'd comment here.

burpinboter

Post by burpinboter » 08 Nov 2018, 15:39

Umbris wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 09:14
There are a couple of issues with Discord, namely the disconnect between identities here and identities there. One user suggested using a forum PM as verification but that doesn't eliminate the main problem which I'll put at the end of this post.

Another is information density. Discord is good for short messages but posts here often have long strings of timestamps, and scrolling through lists of Discord messages certainly isn't fun (for me anyway).

There is also a fairly strict file upload size limit for anyone who wanted to share an edit or clip through the Discord directly.

The main worry I can see with any kind of walled community is that all it takes is one "trusted" user to copy links, files or whatever and send them to anyone they are in private communication with. Essentially you have the appearance of privacy but you can't be sure that every single member is kosher. I know the vast majority on this site are just wonderful people so don't take this to mean "I don't trust anyone" haha.

Can't anyone else imagine this scenario: user A messages user B who is the Discord/forum/hidden mountain temple, says "I'll trade you all of these videos if you can send me some stuff from the group" and suddenly user B has a very tempting offer, knowing that whatever they do probably wouldn't be noticed by anyone in the group (and if noticed, how could it be proven anyway?)

Food for thought. The admin team are in discussions on how to improve the situation, just thought I'd comment here.
It's not a perfect solution but it will still do something. With a private set up, people have to be part of the community. They have to at least make an account and say something. I think a lot of the trouble comes from people that don't even have accounts or comment on this site. This would add another level of security and some complexity for people that literally just look through the glass to get their fix and mess with the models.

SloopA

Post by SloopA » 09 Nov 2018, 11:17

Tamus wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 21:02
I don't think an interview is viable here, because what are you going to ask? 'What are you going to do, when you see a new link posted?' duuh.
Although and interview type system is probably unreasonable, I do think an extra step in verification or identity should be something we require. Most creepy dudes have private Youtube pages with no emails or bio's attached, while also having poor communication skills. They usually post things like "love burping girls". Idk, maybe have us introduce ourselves deeper than just "I'm Joe, I love burps. Add me on IG." I'm just throwing this out because sometimes these dudes only do the bare minimum when it comes to accounts, they don't even use real or actual email accounts if they don't have to. I just think any hurdle or extra step could be a deterrent to some guys.

n

Post by n » 09 Nov 2018, 13:14

Umbris wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 09:14

This is a good point. This is why I was leaning more towards forums which I thought was expensive but someone I think a mod mentioned it wouldn't be that bad. If possible I think a forum would be better for these reasons plus everyone is used to the format. If you guys want I can start a poll and we can vote on the best solution.

hd205123456

Post by hd205123456 » 11 Nov 2018, 01:53

Just jumping in to say that I support a private forum. Even if this one requires login to view, I feel like it would at least help a little.

BlueMoonX79

Post by BlueMoonX79 » 16 Nov 2018, 16:37

I, too, show my support for a private forum. Having a place that's more reined in and less likely to lead to issues of creeps and such sounds like a good plan!
"History is written by the victor, huh? Nah. . . history is written by the burper!"

Q
Administrator

Post by Q » 19 Nov 2018, 20:20

I've updated the first post of this thread.