Just a quick message. Your profile may say "male" right now. You can change that to female or make it unspecified. The software oddly puts it on male for default. Go to the upper right corner and click your name and then click User Control Panel. On that screen, click the profile tab and it should be the first option to change. You should see male, female, and none specified. Thanks!

Theory on what causes burping fetish

General discussion of the burping fetish.
Jerryfromfinance

Theory on what causes burping fetish

Post by Jerryfromfinance » 11 Jul 2018, 19:34

I have a theory why so many people have this specific fetish. I read somewhere that sexuality and fetishes develop either in utero or in early stages of life. A theory on why so many people have foot fetishes is because when you are an embryo, your feet are very close to your genitalia. This might make some people associate feet with sex early on. My theory is that a burp fetish stems from being burped as a baby. Mabe, you happened to be in a state of arousal (a boner) when you got burped, and it made you develop an association between burp and sex. Also, you might have been in a state of arousal hearing someone else burp. There is a photo of my grandfather burping with me as a baby, and I'm lowkey wondering if he made me this way.

Alec

Re: Theory on what causes burping fetish

Post by Alec » 11 Jul 2018, 20:30

That's a cool theory, although how does this explain how women get the fetish? Surely infant girls don't get aroused accidentally the way infant boys can

subliminal91

Post by subliminal91 » 13 Jul 2018, 03:06

Very interesting, and I think it's plausible. I'm told that my cousin who is about 12 years older than me used to rip massive belches, and she spent a lot of time at my family's house in my infancy. Sigmund Freud talks about the mother's face being the (male) baby's first object of desire and first object that that makes the baby himself feel desired- I think it's equally possible that this cousin was an early object of desire for me and, well, if she was ripping huge burps all the time at that critical stage of development, that might be the reason right there.

I also had trouble burping as an infant, so perhaps I connected the relief of burping with sexual release.

Alec

Post by Alec » 13 Jul 2018, 21:30

subliminal91 wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 03:06
Very interesting, and I think it's plausible. I'm told that my cousin who is about 12 years older than me used to rip massive belches, and she spent a lot of time at my family's house in my infancy. Sigmund Freud talks about the mother's face being the (male) baby's first object of desire and first object that that makes the baby himself feel desired- I think it's equally possible that this cousin was an early object of desire for me and, well, if she was ripping huge burps all the time at that critical stage of development, that might be the reason right there.

I also had trouble burping as an infant, so perhaps I connected the relief of burping with sexual release.
Just want to point out that the majority of Sigmund Freud’s ideas have been widely abandoned by psychologists, including this idea because by that logic any child raised by a single father should be into men, and that’s just not how things work. So while this is an interesting theory, I think we’d have to look outside of Freud for any psychological evidence supporting it.

The point about connecting relief of burping with sexual relief is interesting though and one I’ve seen before. Pairing that with your cousin belching a lot around you as a child makes it more interesting.